Wednesday, July 20, 2005

this last week...


first off, I'm sorry that I didn't get around to posting a blog yesterday. You must understand though, when you're too tired to read Harry Potter, you should be asleep. As a result of my post-ponement of posting earlier, I'll have you all know, that I am currently not reading Harry Potter, just so that i can post this for you.

(In other words, you'd better enjoy it.)

The basics of the trip... it was generally good, a few incidents with highschoolers hazing middle schoolers, and theft and stuff like that, all of which were easily, and quickly solved. I hope none of you were expecting me to bring you anything, because I did not see anything asside from the college, and the airport, food, and the bed. I was hoping to make it over to the college bookstore, but alas, did not have a chance to. Anyhow, so there are no goodies from Florida, I'm sorry. (I didn't even see the beach.)

I did meet a couple of really cool guys while I was there though, Ed and John. They're twins about our age. They represented the University of Maryland in the beyond botball portion of the week. They're both pretty technical, and very nice. Anyhow, so they very successfully lead their UMD straigt into the loser's bracket, and out of the tournament, but they did score points for DOL (Andy, Patrick, and Matt's team). Either way, they had a really nifty robot; it used mouse traps to launch empty pop cans half way across the playing field. Nifty awesome. I have a picture of the other robot, which is in this.

Anyhow, so Ed is the one with the blonde hair (left), and John (right) has the darker hair. Next year, they will be competeing on different teams (or so I am told), and the tournament will be held here in Norman. The general point of this being that if you live in or near Norman, I will probably be hitting you up to help lower the costs for these two and their team members (should they have any) come tournament time. But they are both really really really nice, and fun, and face it, you'd love to have them around for a week next summer. ** Special note, Martin took these photos, so I'm sorry, but I not expecting him to do so, unfortunately, they're alot better for this purpose than any of the awards photos turned out.

All said and done, although it was not at all relaxing, or even really a vacation, it was alright, and I believe I can say that I had a good amount of fun, at least, considerably more than I was expecting to have, knowing that I was going with a bunch of people who have kids my age.

Anyhow, so now, it is time to sleep,
goodnight, sweet dreams, take care, sleep well,
Elzabeth

No comments: