Thursday, July 28, 2005

Beowulf & strep

Okay, so I'm still on the antibiotics for strep (yay!) for another like week or something like that, but it's definately not contagious anymore. Serious Yay! there. So, more or less, I am free to interact with society again. That is good, because I hate being home all the time.

In the mean time, on Tuesday morning, I managed to accidentally kick my computer, off of my night stand, where it sets during the hours that it is not in use, and destoy the screen on it. Not yay. So, either way, I have accidental injury on it, and 3 year warranty, and all that good stuff that cost an arm and a leg. At this point in time, I'm actually happy that I spent that additional like 300 bucks to make sure they will fix it for me when I do stupid stuff like this. Knowing myself and that there would undoubtedly be some time that I do something like this is useful. I have dropped it before, but it's never hurt it then.

Anyhow though, so the accidental injury is the only sort of insurance thing that covers the screen, and man, and I glad that I have it now. So I called up Dell, and said, I broke my screen! Help me! They said, (this was a little girl most likely in India, with a thick accent) let me check to see that you have the proper stuff that we can help you. Her: Oh, I see here that you do in fact have the proper stuff (that's right, she's said 'stuff' twice now) to, so that we can do help you (no joke with the to, do help all that stuff). So anyhow, she gives me a 'case number' they ship out a new LCD screen to this company apparently near by, and some guy is supposed to call me to set up an appoint me to come fix Beowulf by noon on wednesday.

Having just gotten past the whole contagious bit the day prior, and having to take Hazel into the vet to get her teeth trimmed again (which, by the way, they offered me her teeth, the onces they'd just trimmed off, in a medicine bottle to keep --- gross!!!!!!!), I decided to stay home from work. (a great comfort to the elderly ladies I work with, I garuntee you.) So anyhow, I stay home, waiting for this one stupid phone call. About 2 o'clock, I decide it isn't going to come. So I call up the new number that they gave me to get a hold of them (Dell) with, and I give them the walk through, and they said they'd talk to the people again, and looked up where the screen was, and couldn't find where the screen was, and pretty much, they were completely lost on the whole thing. During the all of the encounters with Dell support, they continue to ask, "I'm just going to look up your account here quick, and review it. Will you please hold for 3-5 minutes," or "I'm going to call the company quick. Elizabeth, will you please hold for 10-13 minutes." etc.
They would also ask for my name when ever I was transferred to a different person. it was kindda eerie like.

Either way, so the next day, today, Thursday, I get a call in the morning, and set up an appointment with the guy to come and replace my screen. He says he's going to be here, at my house, between 1:30 & 3:30. So I wait around all day, for him to show up, and fix my computer. At about 4:15, I've given up on him, and I call Dell again, who proceeds to tell me that they have sent me an e-mail summarizing my case to me. I'm thinking, how the hell does that help me? I can't even get on the computer to check my e-mail, because I don't have a freakin' workin' screen. Anyhow, so they continue to tell me that they can't do anything about it, and that I should call back the person who is supposed to be coming to my house. So I call him back, and get voice mail. I leave a message. Yay! There is all sorts of fun. Anyhow, so I left for school, and by the time I'd got back, he wants me to call him back, and arrange another time that he can come by and fix my computer, I'm thinking, what, so you can just ignore it again? But anyhow, so it sounds like I won't have Beowulf all fixed again for a little bit longer still.

Anyhow, it is dinner time, so I will catch you all later. Bye, have a good day,
Elizabeth.

2 comments:

Alustriel said...

I'd have my lawyers all over there dell throats.

Mr. Greene (and His Orchestra) said...

Damn...you and that pack of lawyers sound so scary, with their letters on intimidating letterhead, and pinstiped suits...at least, if I were them, I'd have pinstripe suits.