Tuesday, July 12, 2005

the situation as it is currently

From earlier today >>>>
/*The situation as it stands currently, at 9:13 in the AM; I’m in the Houston International airport. Let’s see… what is there to mention? Oh yes, my flight doesn’t start boarding until 9:50, and I am bored. I read some more of Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy on the last flight. Whoo! I can read!!! That in itself is exciting. Uhmm… there is wireless here, but they’re charging $10 for 24 hours, and there is no way I’m going to use 24 hours of wireless in this airport, even on the way back. I don’t think I even come back through this airport on the way back. I don’t remember though, I’ll look it up later. I’m sure that Rodney would be able to figure out how to get into it anyhow for free, but I don’t really feel like stealing internet right now, or like using my brain at all. Besides, I was told that we have wireless access at the homestead, and at the convention center, so most likely, that is where this will be posted from. So far into the trip: I love flying. I really really love flying. It is soooo much fun. I love taking off, not so much landing, but not because I’m scared something will go wrong, but because of the ear popping on the way down. (for some reason, it seems to be worse on the way down.) I got to see the sun rise this morning in Oklahoma. Well, but rise, I mean, I went from not being able to see it to being able to see it during our take off in the airplane. Other thought: I miss my coffee boy. I found a Star Bucks here in the airport. I was told there is a Border’s here as well, but I didn’t find it until after I’d given up and gotten a chai and scone from Star Bucks. The chai does not taste like chai. The only reason I still believe it to be chai is simply that it has the slightest scent of chai to it. Very sad. Crazy me, trying to wake up with tea. Oh well. I don’t know why I even tried, I mean, I am in an airport, and they tend to not have quite so good food. The Atlanta International airport has a Burger King in it, and that is the best burger I have ever had. I’m not sure if they made it better or something, or if it was just better because I hadn’t had a burger in so long, but there is the exception.

Ooooo! All call for Lafayette, LA. Maybe I should go visit my town of origins. Then again, maybe not. I’ve driven through once since we left (when I was like 6 weeks old), but I’m in no real hurry to go back. Who knows, it might surprise me when I decide to return finally, but until then, I’m gonna continue to ignore the fact that I was born in any particular place. (Chalk that up as a thing that doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of life.) Anyhow, so this doesn’t seem to be helping me get unbored, and there are people around, who can see my screen, so I shouldn’t attempt anything that might get me into trouble, even though I probably couldn’t figure it out anyhow. So, I think I’m gonna stop writing, and go back to reading before getting all giddy about going on another airplane. (Man, I love to fly, this doesn’t even seem like a work trip right now, flying means fun!) Anyhow, I’m getting off of this thing. Bye.*/


From now: >>

Well, keeping with typical Florida, it has been raining, on and off, and hot, and sticky, and just really gross. I hate humidity. My hair has pretty much doubled in size, not cool. Not cool at all. Anyhow, so we pretty much know our way around our little corner of Jacksonville now. It has been all sorts of funness, and turn arounds, and what not, but we have two of the three people that we are supposed to get checked in to the dorms tonight checked in. The last person we're supposed t0 go pick up at the airport at 10 something. I'm really kindda bored. We've been doing alot of running around, and not really accomplished anything, but we now know where everything on campus is, and how to get to campus, and where the food around us is. We've found 2 Quizno's, 3 Starbucks, a handfull of assorted grocery stores, a few different chinese restraunts, a McDonalds, a Burger King, and everything else we can possible ever need, including the printers, the sign makers, and a Krystal's, which we ate at for lunch, has free wi-fi, and seems to be an imitation of White Castle, with the tiny burgers and all.

We are free and clear of all of the storms here. If we do catch one, it will be when we're supposed to be flying out.

Our room is really nice, we have two rooms to make up our suite. One with a kitchen area, and bar, and sitting area w/tv, and fold out couch, and bathroom; the other with the two beds, and tv, and bathroom & desk. We have a pretty sweet deal going for us here. We've got our fridge stocked with juice, and cokes, and our wireless access which is better than dandy. We have our own separate bathrooms (how sweet is that?). It's about the same cost as the dorms, and is only 5 minutes away.

Anyhow though, so I should be wrapping this up, it's like a mile long, I'm sorry everyone, or anyone who is still reading this. Have a good day, later, Elizabeth

2 comments:

Alustriel said...

Hey sorry the airport sucked with there idea of tea and other things I'm sure. And yea 10 dollars is to much for internet that your not going to really use all that much. Have fun.

Mr. Greene (and His Orchestra) said...

good chai is so hard to find these days