Friday, July 08, 2005

Tabs and I went to the duckpond, and we caught some little fishies for her kids at work. The water smells really really bad. There is black mold, the toxic kind growing on the half of the pond just south of the stone bridge with the big turtles under it. The fish are really stupid though, we started by baiting them into the net with some bread, but quickly realized that they're dumb as can be, and that you can catch them simply by waving the net around in the pond. I'm convinced it's all the toxic mold getting to them, kills their brain cells. But anyhow, while there, we got really close to the turtles, because they were getting close to us to eat the bread, he was like 6 inches away at one point, snapping at the bread. It was nifty. Also, a duck tried to attack Tabs. She fended it off with her handy dandy net. Oh yeah, and I got Earl to jump for me today, appearantly, ducks really like corn cereals. Today we fed them Corn Pops, they seem to really enjoy them.

I finished the fileboxes, and everything else that needed to be done for our Nationals. Everything is boxed up, and ready to be shipped. Whoo! Work was long, but uneventful, almost monotonous. But I'm kindda looking forward to going to Florida. I will have a couple of half days off here and there, nothing much, but enough to have a bit of fun. I'll be mostly on my own. I get meals with the other staff, and I'm gonna stay with the other staff members, and I have to work the conference. But asside from that, I'll be on my own if I want to have fun for a half day or two. Also, I'm the only one really working the conference who is under like 30. It will be kindda boring.

Oh well. the major plus: it is being held on the campus of Florida University, Jacksonville, so I will have wireless the whole time, and our 'homestead' will have wireless the whole time. That will be good. I will be able to keep in some sort of contact with everyone here. Still doesn't fix the fact that I'll be all Richardless for extended periods of time, but cest la vie.

I think that just about covers everything for today, tomorrow is pay day. CD splurge day!!! Buy rabbit food and stuff day, get tag renewed day, possibly fix hair day, etc. General get ready for trip day. Whoo. i have to work shortly though, so I'm gonna get some sleep.
Goodnight, sleep well, sweet dreams, take care, goodnight.
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey my brother will be there if it's botball stuff.
have fun!
-- sheeva

Elizabeth said...

I know, I made his name tag and stuff. He still hasn't become a horn player though... silly little percussionists.