Friday, August 19, 2005

Eulogy of Beowulf

Yeah, I have no clue why I decided to go with that as a title, so don't ask. But anyhow, quick pc update...

(Queue theme music here)

There once was a very lovely and quick computer. It was fast, it was reliable, it was amazing. It was 80 gigabytes of raw power, and brute computing force. That computer as we once knew it, and all loved it, is now gone. We lay it to rest most likely on Tuesday, but from out of the ashes, there comes hope. Though the heart of Beowulf is dead, the sugery may yet save the remains. We can resurect him. We will make him better, stronger, more powerful, and exactly the same as his prior self, minus the problems, and the files, and music and stuff.


(end theme music)

Anyhow, so put it into real terms... it seems that when my poor, beloved computer took a dive off of my night stand, not only did the screen shatter into a million little pieces, but also, the poor little harddrive had a few problems of it's own.

So once again, they are going to fix my computer, free of charge (by that, I simply mean that it is still under warranty). But this time, it sounds like they will actually let me put it in myself. I hope that they do, since it isn't really hard, and it only involves one screw and stuff like that. But anyhow, so yay! I get a new hard drive. Well, half a yay at least. It should be in around monday. Yay! That makes me happy.

Once that is done though, I will be able to go in partition the hard drive, and install windows. It will be fun. I still haven't quite decided if I want to have Linux on it too or not, but if I do, I'm not entirely how to go about doing that, so... Rodney, if you're actually reading this, you're gonna get a call.

But anyhow, so I should get off of this, because it's Mark's computer. I'll catch you all later. Hope you're having a good time. bye, MEO

No comments: