Friday, August 12, 2005

Complicated Chick really doesn't quite describe her.

Yes, I did steal the title from one of Sean's blogs. But now, perhaps, you can see the title in a new light, be it better or worse. The first thing that I have to say though, is that I'm not writing this for you. I never write this for you, I write it for me. So if it is boring, you can just deal with it, but don't complain to me about how it's boring, because like I said, it is for me, not for you that I write my blogs.

Either way, it is time to get it all off my chest.

Ashley W. seems to be mad at me, because of something I had said to Richard. The funny thing about this being that she had to have completely taken ift out of context to be upset with me for it now, and that she was not a part of this conversation. Side stepping all of this, she's been mad at me for about two years now, because of some stupid party that I ended up taking Martin & Tony to. (To avoid getting into the massive amounts of trouble that I knew I would be in when Martin told our parents, I decided to tell them first, that it was a party involving alcohol. You might ask why it even matters, but then you must realize that Marting & tony were 15 & 16 at the time, and I was their ride, at the dandy age of 18 or 19. Anyhow, so to make a long story short, Ashley also attended that party, and was pretty smashed by the point in time that I left, and it seems that she decided to not like me anymore, because she was afraid that my parents would tell her parents, which I knew they wouldn't.) Anyhow, so somewhere in there, the friendship dwindled into darn near dislike for each other.

Recently, in the past few weeks, she got online, and IMed me. I was shocked, and confused, and completely at a loss for how to react to this, so I was nice back, and admittedly, a little standoffish. I mean, you've got to see it from my perspective, this is the girl that I overheard tell my brother that I'm a bitch. Forgive me if my love for her isn't quite what it once was.

Either way though, we talked on IM a little here and there, unfortunately, she'd usually catch me just as I needed to go do something like enroll, or something like that. I did invite her to the waterballoon fight although, only in IM for I never got around to resending the e-mail. (It seems that that is the thing I've been dropping the most this summer.) Anyhow, so it was cancelled due to lightening, and moved back to the friday after (aka - today). I invited her to the rain-date wbf aswell over IM finally thursday, having given up on getting e-mail addresses for others I also wanted to invite via e-mail from Richard.

So I get done giving her the info, and she stated that she doubted that she'd be there, I inquired if she had something else going that evening, and she started making remarks about how I didn't really care, and how I should give it up on pretending to be nice, and how it would be easier for everyone if we just didn't talk to each other ever again, and how I obviously didn't want her to be my friend again, and so forth.

I responded to all of that very nicely, and stated that I am genuinely being nice, and interested in being friends again, and so forth; apologized for having offended her somehow, ya da ya da... She goes offline before I even finish - yay! I love being told I'm not a real friend, and being 'hung up' on.

So anyhow, in the end, richard is thinking it is all his fault for having told her whatever it was he did, I'm all not feeling good, and kindda depressed because of it all, knowing that it is in fact my fault. And Ashley, I don't know what she is like. But anyhow, so I'm even more confused now than I ever was before as to how to handle the situation. I mean, being nice doesn't seem to be working, but being mean is gonna make it even worse. Being honest got her to 'hang up' on me. And I'm just flat out confused. This is far too complicated for me. I don't understand what she wants. I mean, I'm trying, I really am, but you can't expect a new friendship to just regain full strength over night; especially not after having a falling out.

But anyhow, so the wbf is this evening in like 2 hours and 45 minutes, and I need to shower, and fill balloons and stuff like that, so I'm closing this blog. I'll catch you all (assuming anyone is still reading this, and I don't know why you are if you are) later.

Elizabeth.

6 comments:

Alustriel said...

Leave her be. You can't change the way people are or act.

Unknown said...

Do unto others as others shall do unto you. If she shall curse you, praise her. If she shall strike you, hug her. If she shall hate you, love her.

Elizabeth said...

becoming religous now?

Unknown said...

sure...

Anonymous said...

It was more the fact that you only mentioned Aaron, Mark, and myself, when Jenn had passed out, and your own brother was drinking also. AND no one ever tells parents about parties like that so yours wouldn't have found out and it would've been fine. Also, I had told you at some point that I had no idea there would be that much alcohol, and I wasn't even the one to throw the party, Aaron was. Besides, if it was really that bad you could have left with the other people that did. And I wasn't completely smashed.
On another note. I didn't take what richard said out of context. Maybe he didn't quite get what you were saying I don't know, but...he had said you probably wouldn't want to come over, and probably only would if he went. And that you didn't know why I was talking to you, and that he wasn't sure if you knew that I was being genuine. The End. That's all I'm going to say.

Elizabeth said...

So you're who red is! Oh, and Martin would have told them, because he doesn't know when to shut his mouth. I never told them that you threw the party, because you didn't. And I left at like ten. I was the earliest person to leave. I probably would have left sooner, but I had taken Tony and Richard with me.