Friday, February 23, 2007

Trends

Alright, so I'm working on getting my blog all cleaned up and everything, trying to get tags and labels on as much as I can.

General trends:

I tend to talk a lot about nothing.
I usually have at least one comment.
Most of the times I rant it's about bad customer service, or alcohol, or alcohol consuming co-worker
People take me more seriously than I do
A good number of my random "update" posts include fish / animals
More often than not, they include the fact that I've lost fish.
Many of my posts are just way too early in the morning
Almost all of my posts are just before I go to sleep.
Nearly every post from school last year included a test, or some amout of high level stress.


Okay, that's about all I can remember right now.


On a different note, my tulips have buds, and will actually bloom!!! and Ferdinand - my pretty fighting fish committed suicide by getting stuck in the peace lily in his jar with him. He some how managed to literally get tangled up in the middle of the roots. Anyhow, so you will not be seeing him around anymore. I'm just gonna put the plant in some soil, so it can get some nutrients again.

I also have a question for anyone out there who might know the answer:
I would like to have fruit/veggie/herb plants for this spring/summer. My question is how do you know which ones to get? I mean, I have one 6 inch pot let still to put something into, and after that I need to buy more pots. I definitely want tomatoes, and strawberries, chives, and basil, and beyond that, I'm not really sure. I've heard that strawberry planters are really good for herbs, but I was wondering if anyone knows about doing it in a window planter. Also, are there any other veggies that grow well in pots. I was thinking beans, pole beans, but if I remember right they need full light, and I can only give, at most half a day of light.

I'd like to do more fun stuff like carrots, and mellons, but I simply don't have the space for them. I've been toying with the idea of lettuce but I don't know how that works at all, it's one of the few plants we never grew on the farm. The plants can grow where my tulips are now, so they can stay inside if necessary. Anyhow, so any help you can give me for that would be great.

Thanks,
~Liz~

No comments: