Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Great Tiramisu Quest!


We went out to eat at Johnny Carino's last wednesday, and I've wanted Tiramisu since. I've finally given up, and decided that I need tiramisu. So last night I went by Target to get some; all they have is frozen tiramisu. You have to thaw the thing for 6 HOURS! So I decided to prolong it, and see if I couldn't find something more immediate.

No dice with dinner, they don't serve tiramisu when you don't go out to eat. : (

So today, after work I decided I'd give it another go, but I got distracted by my mother (as I was over at the parents' house looking after Hazel). So eventually, we go to Which Wich. Again, no dice!

Will I ever get that delicious Tiramisu?

Sean had a thought to check at New York. No soup for me. Also no tiramisu for me. Again, I ask you, will I ever get that delicious Tiramisu???

So life goes on, with not tiramisu melting in my mouth or filling my belly. : ( We watch a movie, the whole time, the need for that delicious layered cake with it's smooth creaminess haunts me.

I go drop of R by his place.

"Tiramisu! Tiramisu!" My stomach is shouting at me. When the hell did my stomach learn to shout? I ponder this breifly, but figure - if it learned to shout, and is just now shouting at me, this tiramisu must be important.

The quest continues!

To the West side Wal*Mart. Silly floor waxer guy is totally in the way blocking off the entire cake/brownie cooler thingy near the deli. "Tiramisu!"

Am I the only one that hears it shouting?

"Tiramisu!"

Alright, alright, chill out a minute.

I go to the freezer section in search of anything resembling tiramisu. No fish for me. To the back in the desert aisle? No cookies for me. Damn, I'm getting no where.

"Tiramisu! Tiramisu!"

'Hush up,' I tell it, ' you're gonna drive me nuts.'

At this point I noticed that the stalker guy is looking at me like I am nuts, so I slip out of sight, search the rest of the store, and give up.

Hmmm... "Tiramisu!"

Driving down Main st. Guess I'll stop by the East side walmart. "Tiramisu!"

Repeat most of the previous store's questing, however, this time the front cake case thingy isn't blocked off. I search, frantically for the tiramisu. None! None in the entire freakin' store! No tiramisu for me.

At this point it is nearly 2 in the morning, and I can no longer search for I must sleep and any other store that would have tiramisu is not open.

I have decided that my stomach is much too demanding though, and am trying to figure out if it is specifically my stomach or if perhaps it is getting coaching from my taste buds as well. At least they would have a reason to know how to talk.

Anyhow, so tomorrow the great tiramisu quest shall continue.

Till then, this Liz, over and out.

"TIRAMISU!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my guess is try supper target or sam clubs i think they would have but apparently u can't really look up food on the internet so u have to go look for your self i hope u find it. now i want some to. Fotini