Saturday, May 06, 2006

Phish & Fish

Interesting and little known fact: if your fish is constipated, you can fead it a green pea (skinned) and that helps the fish. Amusingly enough they even like peas.

Anyhow, so Phish is acting weird, he's kindda bloated looking, and is swimming weird. he's been running into the glass on the corners a lot. Just really weird for him.

Since I lost my catfish a few days ago, I'm kindda worried I might have a diease going around my tank. I just really hope it's not dropsy or anything like that, because dropsy is gross. Anyhow, so I gave him a pea, gonna let him be for tonight, and do a 50% water change tomorrow. Hopefully that will fix everything. If not, I'll prob. lose the fish, or end up medicating him, eitherway, I don't really like what's gonna happen.

It just figures, right around finals is when you start to have problems in your tank. R. has been having all sorts of problems with his tank within the last two weeks or so, and my catfish just keeledd over, no warning signs or anything, now Phish is looking weird and bloated... not good.

Oh, Mark and I named out Betta. We named it Ferndinand. He's very pretty, bright red, with fancy fins. He's kindda boring though. Oh well.

Anyhow, so that's it for me for now.
Goodnight.
~ liz

1 comment:

FlutinKat said...

Oo, be careful with the water changes. I've had fish keel over afterwards. The pea thing is pretty useful, though; thanks for the tip.
Good luck with all your endeavors. We must hang out after you have recovered from finals.