Thursday, May 19, 2005

A quick Review

StarWars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

While the acting in the movie is definately sub-par from the actors playing both Anakin (Hayden Christensen), and Amadala (Natalie Portman), Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi) has once again done a wonderful job. As a whole, this movie was much better than the past two, in my opinion. The way the movie was laid out, and filmed flows much better with the 4, 5, & 6th episodes. The dialog was still cheesy, and just awfull, but not nearly so bad as the second episode. Thank you Episode 3, you have restored my love for Star Wars! So, my overall vote for this film would be about a 7.75 out of 10 (10 being perfect). In the series, I would rate it at an 8.25 with the same rating system. I definately think that episode 2 was the worst all the episodes, and that episode 3 is about equal with the 3 original releases. So, if you have been following the series, and lost faith in George Lucas due to either episodes 1 or 2, yet enjoyed 4, 5, & 6, you would definately enjoy episode 3. It is a good movie, lots of action, lots of fighting, and as always, fun with Yoda. Yoda's lines were still forced, but better than the 2nd episode. So to conclude this bit of blog, I leave you with this:: Ewan McGregor... swoon! (BTW - he will be appearing in the film THE ISLAND also coming out sometime this year.) This would probably be the appropriate time to mention that he is married.


PS - I believe we ended Rodney's posting with 'darkness' to which I respond Night! (or "I believe in a thing called love, just listen to the rhythm of my heart...")

No comments: